The Learning Center began as a partnership of Francis Parker, formerly St. Francis School, and the Langsford Learning Acceleration Centers. It opened in 2012 on the Goshen Campus and expanded to the Downtown Campus in 2014. Beginning in 2021, The Learning Center became fully staffed and operated internally by Francis Parker employees.
Holly Hillard serves as The Director of The Learning Center. Her role is to assess the needs of students with learning differences and ensure that their accommodations are provided in the classroom. Additionally, she collaborates with faculty, staff, students, and families to address the learning needs of any student who requires academic support within and beyond the classroom.
The Learning Center Staff:
- Holly Hillard, Director of The Learning Center
- Ann Mundt, Academic Support Specialist, Goshen Campus
- John Beechem, Academic Support Specialist, Goshen Campus
- Calla Suffridge, Academic Support Specialist, Downtown Campus
- Bob Cacchione, Math/Science Tutor, Downtown Campus
Accommodation Plan Services
Any student who has a diagnosed learning difference has a customized accommodation plan created for their specific learning needs. Plans include classroom accommodations, guidelines for standardized testing, and student progress goals.